Let’s talk about Farmer’s Markets. I am a completely geek come summer time and usually buy WAY too much produce, trying to think of ways to use. This sorbet was born out of me buying too many fresh herbs and honestly – game changing sorbet. Great as a palate cleanser in a dinner party, but also simply refreshing and different.
- 3 cups of fresh berries, washed, dried and popped into the freezer (worth it)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 lemon or lime (see note), zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp farmer’s market herbs – basil, thyme, mint (optional but delicious)
- 2 tbsp water
- Take your berries and wash them, then place them on paper towel and pop into the freezer.
- Place the frozen berries with maple syrup, lemon or lime juice and zest in a high speed blender or food processor. Buzz until there are chunks, then add water and think out, running on high
- Finely chop the herbs and then add into the blender or food processor and buzz for a few more minutes. Strawberry-basil, raspberry-mint, blackberry-thyme are DELICIOUS
- Serve immediately, or place the mixture into a parchment paper-lined loaf tin and freeze. Take out of freezer for five minutes before serving
Will keep in freezer for 2-3 weeks., covered.