I simply love grilled chicken, and I love greek food and so this marinade needs to be part of your life the way it is a part of mine. Besides, if we are going to think about MEAL PREP in the summer – which we should – we need to be thinking about dressings and marinade to have on hand. I often double this recipe and give away a small jar with a little love note to a friend because nothing beats having someone else make you a marinade.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- ZEST and JUICE of FOUR lemons (1/2 cup)
- 1 heaping tablespoon dried oregano (or 1/2 dried and 3 sprigs fresh)
- 8 cloves of garlic, crushed and finely minced
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass bowl and whisk thoroughly storing in a mason jar. 1/2 cup of this marinade will work with six chicken breasts, halibut or salmon, or a block of sliced tofu or tempeh.
- OPTION: Add take 1/4 cup dressing, add 2 tsp dijon, 1 tsp honey and whisk for a salad dressing