We don’t need to just pack veggies into our kids meals – though kids will LOVE these delicious and healthy turkey or chicken meatballs too! We all need more veggies in our own day and these mouth-watering veggie-packed meatballs are delicious over spiral zucchini or squash, with chickpea of rice pasta (with a little fresh vegan pesto ) or simply as a mid-afternoon snack. The sun-dried tomatoes and lemon add a rich Umami flavour to these protein-packed meatballs!
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1 cup organic spinach, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow paper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup drained sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp each dried basil, oregano and garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper
Preheat OVEN to 400 degrees
- Chop the veggies and herbs, and then place in a food processor on high for 1 minute.
- Zest and juice the lemon, mix with dried herbs and mustard
- Place the ground turkey or chicken in a bowl, add the veggies and mix with your hands.
- Roll into 2-inch balls.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and place the meatballs on top, separating them slightly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing frequently
- Store in a glass jar or try not to eat them all!