I love peaches so much. At the end of summer, there is nothing quite like biting into a peach, having the juices run down your chin and sucking the pit to get all the goodness out of it.
This smoothie pairs beautifully with cinnamon and vanilla and the wonderful thing is you can adapt it a couple of ways! Cinnamon is a magic weapon for controlling blood sugars and I try to throw it into a smoothie whenever I can. We also add wonderfully cooling cucumber into this smoothie to up the fibre content without taking anything away from the taste! And if you have mint, throw it in – it adds a little something!
- 2 fresh peaches, chopped (frozen can be subbed too)
- 1/2 frozen banana (optional – you don’t have to have the banana to get the goodness here!0
- 2 cups of spinach or kale – see below
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- If using spinach: 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 cup water.
- If using kale: 1 cup coconut water, one cup water.
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds or unsweetened protein powder (vanilla is a good choice here, too!)
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint!
- More water to taste
Place the peaches and greens (and banana if using) at the bottom of a high speed blender, then add your spices and hemp or protein. Top with liquid and ice and blend on high. Enjoy!