Hands up if you grew up with tuna melts as your favourite comfort food ever?
We needed to get the love of the tuna melt with a little more of the health – enter this fantastic tuna salad recipe (sans the heavy mayonnaise from our childhood!) that is not only delicious but anti-inflammatory due to the parsley and lemon!
Parsley is the real star of the show here and we need more recipes that showcase the amazing thing growing beautifully in my garden! Parsley is rich in antioxidants, high in vitamin A and C and supports bone health, too!
The Lemon Tahini dressing brings the salad together! What is also nice is doing some chilled steamed asparagus to chop up and add in to the salad, or shaver other vegetables you want! This salad serves two!
- 1 tin water-packed albacore tuna
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, basil, cilantro, thyme (mix and match)
- sea salt
Mix all the ingredients together, and place on top of fresh mixed greens.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 lemons, tested and juiced
- 2 tbsp Dijion Mustard
- 1/4 cup runny tahini
- 1/8 cup of finely chopped herbs (I love basil, thyme, oregano or a mix)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1-2 tsp white wine vinegar (to taste)