If you love fish the way I love fish – which is a lot – let’s cut to the chase: Salmon gets all the attention, like the coolest kid on the block, while cod is simply quietly there in the background being awesome. Flakey hunks of cod, rubbed with smoked paprika and garlic powder, sprinkled with sea salt then topped with sliced garlic and thinly sliced almonds. That’s right. You heard me right. If cod could get any more awesome, it just did.
You can keep the garlic at the end of you aren’t kissing anyone, or you can slide it off.
- One large piece of cod
- Sea salt
- 1 head of garlic – half of it smashed, and half of it sliced
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tsp each smoked paprika, garlic powder and basil.
- Good Quality Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
Rinse cod and pat it dry. Sprinkle both side with sea salt
Crush half the garlic and break up the broccoli. Toss the two together and place in parchment lined paper ceramic dish.
- Slice the remaining cloves of garlic thinly and mix the dried spices together.
- Dry rub the cod with the spice mix. Cut slits into the cod and place garlic slices in the slits.
- Place the cod around the broccoli
- Cut slits into the cod and place the garlic in the slits.
- Sprinkle the slivered almonds on top.
- Cover the cod with tinfoil and place in the oven for 20 mins.
- Serve with salad, steamed green beans or brown rice.