Fat is a secret weapon in weight loss – it fills you up, and sustains you longer. Blueberries are superfoods filled with anti-oxidants, and blueberries paired with almond milk and avocados will sustain you long into the morning. You have the option of adding the spinach in – my kids really love it without, but we want to add more greens to our diet so we put them in. We love the coconut milk – it makes it feel like an after school milkshake, This is a great smoothie at any time of the day.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ banana
- 1/2/ cup canned coconut milk (shake it up first
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk.
- 1 1/2 cups spinach (optional)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed or chia seed.
- 3-4 chunks frozen avocado.
- Water to taste (depending on if you want the smoothie thinner)
- 3-4 ice cubes.
Blend all ingredients together in a Vitamix for over a minute until well blended. Enjoy!