Everyone needs new chicken recipes – and this marinade will be perfect for your summer grilling or for an easy weeknight baked chicken dish! I have also done this in the crock pot, and the Insta-pot and it works well.
I am a huge fan of all things sesame – from sesame oil as a flavouring for salad dressings (or a little tossed on any steamed veggie!) to tahini for my dips, to sesame seeds in my homemade crackers, sesame seeds are quite simply a staple in my pantry. And there are many health reasons why I love them so.
Sesame seeds are an excellent source of fibre, and have been proven to lower cholesterol and blood pressure. They are rich in calcium, magnesium, and zinc, which can support bone health. And, they might help your body fight chronic inflammation. Toss them in salads, add them into smoothies, put them on your veggies – and definitely make this chicken dish. Stat!
So, without further adieu – one of my favourite chicken recipes. We called this “Sunshine Chicken” growing up which kinda sweet. My variation – different from my moms – adds the Asian sesame twist!
- 4 large chicken breasts of six thighs
- Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar.
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil (optional, but so worth it)
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
Rinse your chicken breasts and rub with a little sea salt.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together – rubbing the sauce into both sides.
- For baking – preheat oven to 375 and bake in parchment lined baking sheet for 20-25 minutes OR
- Lightly spray the grill, and place on a preheated grill for 8-10 minutes each side OR
- Place in a crock pot with all the marinade ingredients for 2 hours on high, or 3-4 hours on low. Follow Instapot directions for marinaded chicken breasts.
Serve sliced on a salad, or with cauliflower rice or sautéed veggies.