If you are feeling particularly bloated or need a soup that you can eat all day long, look no further!
What I love about this soup is that you can make it with any green vegetables really and you can switch it up as you need to: the cruciferous vegetables, turmeric, kale and ginger up the ante on the anti-inflammation front. This is a wonderful soup to make in Meal Prep and put in the freezer for later in the week.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion or leek, thinly sliced.
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated turmeric root or 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (3–4 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced or grated
- 6 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cauliflower or broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 cups kale, stems removed, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, green beans or fresh green peas
- cilantro, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-low.
- Add onion, stir. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the onions begin to brown.
- Add carrots and celery, cook for 3-5 more minutes, until the vegetables soften.
- Add turmeric, garlic and ginger; stir until the vegetables are coated.
- Cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add broth or water, salt, and pepper; stir. Bring to a boil.
- Add cauliflower. Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
- When the cauliflower is fork tender, add other veggies and kale.
- Cook until the kale is slightly wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Keep it chunky, or place the soup in the blender and puree until thick. Add water as needed.
- Serve hot garnished with cilantro.