A few years ago, one of my students went to Trader Joe’s and got me hooked on Everything But the Bagel Spice and I put it on everything – I mean, everything. Sure, you can be vanilla and have it on your avocado toast everyday, but why not jazz up a Butternut Squash soup with a little sprinkle? Eggs? Slather that on.
And then I started thinking – if poppy seeds and sesame seeds are super good healthy and full of vitamins and minerals, couldn’t we add more to the mix? What about hemp seeds, which are full of protein? Could we make extra and possibly add pumpkin or sunflower seeds to add a little crunch to those salads? I have even sprinkled this on popcorn. Life is good.
- 4 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 3tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 4 teaspoons flaked sea salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and store in a spice container.
SEEDY add 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds OR pumpkin seeds (awesome as a salad topper)
NUTTY add 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
SWEET AND SALTY: Add 1 tbsp coconut sugar. Great little sweet and savoury topping on veggie casseroles.