I couldn’t resist the title and you won’t be able to resist this smoothie morning, noon or night – especially in peach season, but really any time of the year. Smoothies that feel good for the body and taste delicious are my jam.
Kefir is a highly probiotic fermented beverage that you can now buy dairy-free – I choose a Coconut Kefir and it is just as effective as regular kefir. If you like tangy smoothies this one is for you – if you need it a little sweeter, feel free to add the honey.
- 1 cup frozen peaches of 1 fresh peach
- 1/2 frozen banana OR omit an add 2 ice cubes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla OR almond extract
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1.5 cups Kerif
- OPTION: 2 tsp honey (if you need it sweeter)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a high speed blender and serve immediately
Add fresh 1/4 cup fresh basil or mint to the smoothie before blending. Also yummy!