I love green juice.
I say it loud and proud: I absolutely love green juice. But, I do not like juicing – too much mess and laborious. I also don’t love paying through the teeth for green juice. And so, enter my Vitamix. I embrace the fibre and thin it out with two secret weapons: water and lime juice. This Vitamin C boost helps your immune system in flu season, and is delicious. Trust me! If you need it thinner, add more water. Put it in a mason jar and shake it up,
- 1 cup of washed spinach or kale
- 1 cup of other greens – napa cabbage, romaine, watercress – you choose.
- 1 green apple
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 lime – freshly grate the rind, and juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut water (or two cups water)
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped ginger
- 1/4 cup parsley, freshly chopped.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
Blend all ingredients together in a blender / Vitamix. Add additional water if you want to thin it out more and sip throughout the day. Put in a mason jar to shake up as needed. Parsley is so anti-inflammatory, you won’t know what hit you – your gut will love this drink.