Sometimes, we just want a big dose of veggies and anti-inflammatory ginger, this is your soup.
I love carrots. I could eat them all day long – they are rich in fibre, beta carotene, potassium and antioxidants, as well as Vitamin A. This soup will take five minutes to throw together for a nourishing lunch or snack .
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large knobs of ginger, finely minced
- 8 medium carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated turmeric root or 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 8 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-low.
- Add onion, stir. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the onions begin to brown.
- Add carrots and celery, cook for 3-5 more minutes, until the vegetables soften.
- Add turmeric, garlic and ginger; stir until the vegetables are coated.
- Cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add broth or water, salt, and pepper; stir. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
- When the carrots are super soft, pull from heat and allow to cool.T
- Transfer to a Vitamix or high speed blender and puree until smooth.
- Place back on stove, reheat and serve garnished with cilantro.